FURNITURE CARE AND EXPECTATIONS
How do I maintain my furniture?
WOOD FURNITURE CARE
Wood breathes, expands and contracts. Each piece of furniture is one-of-a-kind and will respond to changes in humidity levels in your home. Any expansion of joints or seams will be very minor and will revert to original shape and size as seasons change. Because each piece of wood is unique, you can expect variations in grain appearance and stain coloration. Random distressing applied by hand adds a distinctive heirloom appearance to the finish of some pieces.
- To maintain the quality of your wood furniture, do not expose it to direct sunlight or extreme temperatures.
- Dust often using a soft, clean, lint-free cloth that has been only slightly dampened. Attend to spills immediately with a damp cloth.
- Use table runners, place mats, table pads, and coasters to reduce the chances of marking or damaging the wood. Always use coasters under both hot and cold liquids.
- Never write on a bare wood surface. It may leave impressions on the wood.
- Avoid the use of dyes, paints, inks, bleach, nail polish, and similar products on and around your wood furniture.
- Waxing is not recommended.
- Surfaces can be cleaned with a mild non-alkaline soap and water. Use the suds on a damp sponge or cloth, but be sure to test the solution on an inconspicuous section to make sure it doesn’t damage the finish. Dry immediately with a soft cloth and buff lightly, following the grain.
- Always remember to lift up and move your furniture instead of pushing, pulling, or dragging it, which can damage not only your furniture, but also your flooring
Your furniture may be covered by a manufacturer’s limited warranty, which will usually provide for repair or replacement of defective furniture at the manufacturer’s discretion. Une Escale a Bali will provide the repair or replacement service for any manufacturer’s warranty.
CANCELLATION: In the event you cancel this service program, you shall receive a refund equal to 90% of the unearned pro rata premium less any claims that have been paid or less the cost of repairs made on behalf of the warranty holder. If we should cancel this service program, you will receive a refund equal to 100% of the unearned pro rata premium.
For quality control purposes and verification, we reserve the right to request photographs of the damaged item(s) prior to processing a warranty claim.
- Loss of use or time, inconvenience, expense or travel while parts are in the process of replacement or repair is in progress.
- Coverage of leather and fabric against fading or discoloration from exposure to elements, oils, spills, fluids or chemicals.
- Buckling or splitting of veneers resulting from exposure to moisture and/or heat. In no event shall Une Escale a Bali’s responsibility exceed the value of the originally purchased item.
THE FINE PRINT
These guidelines apply to all merchandise unless purchased “as is.” Payments toward specially ordered merchandise are nonrefundable. The Une Escale a Bali Investment Information:
- is limited to original purchaser only.
- is automatically voided by unreasonable use, misuse, or abuse.
- Requires that the products purchased be used indoors (except patio furniture designed for outdoor use) only in strict compliance with the instructions that accompany it.